Monday 24 October 2022

The laterite - name plate making

 We had decided to make our own house name plate when our house was under construction. So we were in search of a slice of log for that. 


Luckily, once while coming to Serene with Nikhil bhaiya and Dipu didi, they planned to stop in a saw mill at Nasrapur to collect some wooden material for their own house. 


Bhaiya, while searching, happened to pick up this log slice and I was like, 'this is absolutely what I am searching for!' As I had completed one year with Serene and MFL, he thought of gifting it to me and yes, he definitely did! 


It's texture was quite rough when we purchased it, it was all soiled. It was somewhat next to impossible to paint on it and it would have been difficult to carry it too. So, Dipu didi helped me clean it as much as possible with a broom lying nearby. 


When we came to Serene, Nikhil bhaiya took it from me, he helped me smoothen up the surface using sandpaper. He was working on it for about an hour and then he gave it back to me. 


For a long time, I was wondering from where to begin working but slowly and steadily, it started taking shape and now, it's all ready! 


It definitely is looking gorgeous today on the red walls of our house -' the Laterite' and of course, thank you Bhaiya and didi for this lovely gift. 🥰🥰🙏🏻😇